Fish Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I♥Angels
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol. hes in a tank all by himself now.. when i put some shrimp in with him and my guppies he went physco and tried to eat everything in the tank.. i then tried him with some gourami and he decided to try and eat those too... hes now in a tank by himself lol. he wont eat anything but bbs either. no flake, pellets nothing just bbs & hes constantly flaring at his reflection he his one aggro fish lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
i like gaijin

·
Registered
96 Posts
if you dont want to feed BBS then dont he will eat when hes hungry.... My ex roommate is going thru this with a fish she's had for a year.... he's decided he only eats bloodworms... so now he gets offered a pellet in the morning and if he doesnt eat then he doesnt get any other food for the day. When he decides to eat she will feed 2 pellets in the morning and 3 at night and work up to 4 in the am and 4 at night....

Remember unless theres a medical issue with the animal it will not starve its self

·
I♥Angels
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i've tried him for the last 2 days like tht i put in flake yday morn and nothing.. i put tht in about 10 and at 1pm its still there.. i felt abit mean because he was picking at the fake plant so i gave in and fed him bbs lol. its no biggy anyway i'm hatchin it anyway for my guppy fry. just when they stop eating it he will have to aswell lol

·
Permanent Fishaholic
1,623 Posts
I have had my Red Betta since February and he eats anything I put in his tank. I tried to put a small school of Neon Tetras in with him a few months ago and three died of new tank syndrome and he killed the other three so I guess he likes his home to himself. His name is Spot by the way.

·
Senior Betta Lover
384 Posts
I love red bettas :D

LOL. I didn't know bettas ate THAT much o_O My new betta, GummyBear, is the exact opposite and loves sneaking up on the corys but they are way too fast for him ^o^

I think the name Flick or Peligro (Danger in spanish) would be pretty cool :)

·
Senior Betta Lover
384 Posts
Has he started eating yet? I would not offer food for a few days and then off a single pellet.... he will eventually eat....
Me? My betta is a pig now -_- Eating as much as he can and I finally decided three pellets a day is enough and he can snack on some flakes if he wants. LOL.

·
Starting over!
339 Posts
Your betta is very cool looking:) I have a crowntail betta who does the exact opposite:) He will eat 3 pellets day and afternoon and flake sometimes too, but today i tried feeding him freeze-dried krill and he wouldn't even touch it, and i guarinty it's still there:) I'm trying to almost "gut-load" him and my female because i want them to breed:) At somepoint very soon I want to try feeding them bbs and see if they eat them because that's what I heard you're supposed to feed them for about a week before they breed:) If you have any other information for me about breeding, please let me know:)

·
King of the Bettas
2,951 Posts
is he a double tail?

·
Registered
280 Posts
It is not recommened that you breed DT X DT for several generations. Singletail to Doubletail will give you 100% singletail in the first generation. Approximately 75 to 90 % of which will be DT geno. Picking two siblings from the 10 to 25 % that are not DT geno will again give you 100 % singletail. Spawning DT X DT will give you mostly DT fry but not guaranteed 100 % DT. Breeding non-related DT's is OK for a generation or two. I have a 2 month old spawn of 2nd generation DT's growing out at the moment and will outcross the next generation to a singletail or unrelated DT.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.