Fish Forums banner

My first tank EVER! 90 Gallons.

1929 Views 9 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  fishpondcoating

I would really like to get some different Texas holey rock if anyone is in IL and has rock let me know! I don't know what type of fish I'm going to put in It!

I got a lot of stuff from *Vendor Removed*! He was awesome in helping me pick stuff out! They did forget to include my led bubble wands but I will be ordering again soon so I told them to wait to ship them back out to me!

1 Eheim Pro III E 2078 Canister Filter $365.95
1 Coralife Super Luft Air Pump SL-65 $64.95
1 Coralife 6x Turbo Twist UV Sterilizer $159.95
1 300 Watt Jager Submersible Heater $25.25
1 Aqueon Water Changer $44.95
2 LED Bubble Wand 20 Inch AC90531 $56.50
1 Mag Float Glass Cleaner Large $25.95
2 Frag Crate Coral Propagation Grid 12" x 12" $13.50
3 MagClip Magnetic Suction Cups $15.75
4 Penn Plax Airline Check Valve $1.20
1 Seachem Prime RRASM433 $10.79
See less See more
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Looking good!

what you planning to stock it with?
that would make an awesome rift lake tank...
yeah you might have to get african cichlids weather you want to or not...
In agreement- perfect set up for rift lake cichlids. And that will get you a great active tank with some really wonderfully bright fish. Awesome tank for it!
Thanks everyone! I am really excited and can't wait to start adding fish.

I am not sure what type of chiclids I'm going to add to it. I really want to get some really unique fish in it!
If you're looking for something a little different, I think that tank would look great with a colony of Astatotilapia Latifasciata (I think it may now be considered Haplichromis Latifasciata, though). They're an extremely attractive African Cichlid from some small lakes north of lake Victoria. They're believed to be extinct in the wild, but they're pretty common in the hobby here in the states.
Beautiful tank, trentm! At the risk of being repetitious, It does make me think "rift lake!" I can already see african cichlids playing happily in those rocks...
Looks great! I appreciate your effort. Thanks for sharing.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.