Fish Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum and i just wanted to put up an ad for Najas Graminea. This is a floating plant that is great for fry hiding when you want to breed. This plant is very undemanding and grows fast under minimum lighting. I will give you enough najas to cover a 5 gallon tank loosely. It will be about 2 handfulls. I am charging 15 dollars for this amount. You could buy more at the same price. The shipping will be 3.85 for USPS priority mail. Thank you for viewing this ad and i will be happy to answer any questions.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
probably because it is not native to the us, and can live, thrive, and outcompete many other native plants in parts of the US. it is easy to grow, and coul dprobably outcompete many native plants if given the right conditions, and since it's not native there arent natural predators, to keep it at bay. it also reproduces quickly, and could not only out compete things but hurt other organisms it isnt even competing with, which is many times the case for plants. i didnt know najas was illgal, just that thats usually the reason if it is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did a google search and could NOT find any reference to it being ILLEGAL.
It is growing wild in many locations...
I would not worry bout going to jail if you have or buy some. :fun: :fun:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I did a google search and could NOT find any reference to it being ILLEGAL.
It is growing wild in many locations...
So does Taxifolia caulerpa, Hygrophila polysperma and Cannabis sativa, but they're steal illegal to own or transport in many states, especially that last one. :lol:

Here's a good site on non-native species:
http://nas.er.usgs.gov/default.asp

As far as I know, najas is okay for the aquarium trade, but I'll see if I can find out for sure.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It seems to be legal in Oklahoma and Texas, and we ban just about everything around here, so it's probably legal in most states.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for clearing all that up. I got my najas at the store so i didn't ask much about it. I guess its not bad unless someone goes out and throws the najas into a natural pond or river. It's illegal to do that with any type of fish or plant so no one should do it anyways.

So no one is interested in najas? I have a lot so i want to start selling it again. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts