Fish Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody have any suggestion on what type of fish would breed quickly and often? I would like a quick breeding freshwater fish. Thanks.

·
Registered
315 Posts
any livebearers as suggested above. I've bred guppies very easily in the past. 1m:3f ratio and you'll have more fry than you can deal with lol

·
Fish Watcher...
725 Posts
Livebearers are great to breed, but you end up with more than you want haha you could also try a pair of convict cichlids if you have a good size tank. They say that all they need is a "tank and water" to breed so are quite easy.

G

·
that applies for Jewels as well. just add water and rocks and BLAM! u have a spawn! least i do....mine done stop spawning....they just dont!

·
Darth Ichthyos
9,154 Posts
Platies are actually some of the slower breeding fish on the list so far. Why do you need fast breeding fish? Do you need them to breed fast, or do you need to produce mass quantities in a hurry? if the latter, then look at danios instead of livebearers. Livebearers might give you 30 or so fry per batch, but danios will give you hundreds at a time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts