1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
630 Posts
Very NICE!

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
That tank looks very nice in your room.

Are those actinic lights? You will know if you see blue bulbs in your hood. Actinic are meant for saltwater, but they can make a tank look cool too.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Do not take this the wrong way but, its a 135 why on earth would you put cold water fish in it? Thats a mini monster tank, scrap it and buy some monster cichlids or oddballs!

·
Loach Lover
1,506 Posts
:roll: You know, BC, not everyone wants to have mini monsters. Just because you do, and think anyone who keeps anything other than them in big tanks is a waste of space, doesn't make it the only opinion. Nor does it make you right. *sigh*

·
New Guy
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do not take this the wrong way but, its a 135 why on earth would you put cold water fish in it? Thats a mini monster tank, scrap it and buy some monster cichlids or oddballs![/Q
i prefer the fish that i chose because i had them for a long time and i like them

·
New Guy
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That tank looks very nice in your room.

Are those actinic lights? You will know if you see blue bulbs in your hood. Actinic are meant for saltwater, but they can make a tank look cool too.
bmlbytes umm they are not actinic lights. I never knew there were differences in tanks lights haha..

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
:roll: You know, BC, not everyone wants to have mini monsters. Just because you do, and think anyone who keeps anything other than them in big tanks is a waste of space, doesn't make it the only opinion. Nor does it make you right. *sigh*
Really? You really don't know what "don't take this the wrong way" means? Get over yourself princess.

·
Loach Lover
1,506 Posts
Really? You really don't know what "don't take this the wrong way" means? Get over yourself princess.
Don't take this the wrong way? You're pretty much telling someone who has obviously put some work into this tank that it's a crappy idea and he should get rid of it, to get something YOU approve of. Yeah, you obviously meant to say what you did for his own good :)

·
New Guy
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey bc

blue cray its obvious she has a point. Now stop arguing bc. we all like fish alright and if u only like tanks that got "MINI MONSTERS" and despise all other fish then go to monsterfish.com. If you want to see a real monster fish tank them jump in a pool of sharks OK PRINCESS BLUECRAY.. ;):):fun::p:):p

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
why do u have tropical fish in a "cold tank" you seem kind of new to fish keeping so i thought i would give u a heads up doing that is a big no no lol your fish need a heater the cold water and constant change of temperature can not only shorten their life span a lot but will make them highly susceptible to many different diseases like ick i work at a pet store that the owner is really cheap and wont provide heaters for all the fish tanks and trust me we are always fighting ick. And that "shark" is gonna get bigger than all the tropical fish and will eventually gobble them up.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Do not take this the wrong way but, its a 135 why on earth would you put cold water fish in it? Thats a mini monster tank, scrap it and buy some monster cichlids or oddballs!
just because its a big tank "why on earth" would anyone have to keep big fish in it a big fish tank can be used for anything you please. I am getting a 180 and moving my community fish into it there is a lot more variety and you can have a lot more and they dont kill eachother (only sometimes) get over it

·
New Guy
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
why do u have tropical fish in a "cold tank" you seem kind of new to fish keeping so i thought i would give u a heads up doing that is a big no no lol your fish need a heater the cold water and constant change of temperature can not only shorten their life span a lot but will make them highly susceptible to many different diseases like ick i work at a pet store that the owner is really cheap and wont provide heaters for all the fish tanks and trust me we are always fighting ick. And that "shark" is gonna get bigger than all the tropical fish and will eventually gobble them up.
The temperature is at 75 degrees and the only tropical fish are the platys. The platys are thriving like every other fish in my tank. one platy already gave birth in my new tank. I know the Chinese hi fin shark will get bigger and i know a place were they sell fish and accept fish that outgrown their tanks. I got it all under control haha. If problems come up which i expect not to, ill be glad to accept your advise :D

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way? You're pretty much telling someone who has obviously put some work into this tank that it's a crappy idea and he should get rid of it, to get something YOU approve of. Yeah, you obviously meant to say what you did for his own good :)
I do think it's a crappy idea and he should get rid of it, thats my opinion and my opinion alone. I don't care what you have to say, all you're doing is blowing things out of proportion just like I'd expect a teenaged girl to do. If you have a problem then send me a pm and leave it out of the public forum.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Yeah Revolution your wrong. That shark isn't gonna eat any fish and its a pond fish so its fine in cold water. Your tank is very nice!
I also agree with Blue, he wasn't telling them to change their tank, I think if there had been an lol on the end of his first comment things would have been different.
A lot is lost over typing lol

·
New Guy
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I do think it's a crappy idea and he should get rid of it, thats my opinion and my opinion alone. I don't care what you have to say, all you're doing is blowing things out of proportion just like I'd expect a teenaged girl to do. If you have a problem then send me a pm and leave it out of the public forum.
YOU ARE A HATER.. If u jump in the pool of sharks you will be doing your monster fish and me a favor

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
YOU ARE A HATER.. If u jump in the pool of sharks you will be doing your monster fish and me a favor
Id advise you not to fuel Cray's fire, he just comes off rough over typing. Lets just drop it guys.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.