Fish Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! :fish:
I just setup a 20 gallon long. Its cycled and all (i put 2 corys in it now, after it was cycled, will get more). But i was thinking of getting 2 - 3 electric blue ram cichlids soon ( as advised from another forum). Im not looking for schooling fish, i want to know if this is a good idea or if there would be any other fish like these that would be just as good or better??

Thanks!!

·
King of the Bettas
2,951 Posts
welcome to the forum! I don't think 3 would do well cause 2 might pair off, spawn and then they might become aggressive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay. thats what i was thinking too. but wasnt for sure. Thanks for the support :) my youtube page is SuperRaymond08. Subscribe if you have an account!!

·
Permanent Fishaholic
1,623 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i will. im planning on getting a couple julii corys and panda corys :)

i am also getting a BGK soon!! Is there anything i should know about them??

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Yeah, don't put them in a 20L. They get way too big for that (up to 20 inches).

·
Permanent Fishaholic
1,623 Posts
no no no. 20 GALLON
A Black Ghost Knife requires a minimum of a 75 gallon tank with more than 100 gallons being preferable. Sorry to bust your bubble.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Yes a 20 LONG do not put a BGK in that tank, it is much to small. 20 inches, that's almost 2 feet long, in a tank that is a total of 2 feet long.

·
Permanent Fishaholic
1,623 Posts
He'll be okay till he's about 10 inches. Then i'll get a new one!
10 inches in a 20 gallon? No try more like 6-8. If you get a Black Ghost Knife at 2-3" (typical size when sold) then you'll be able to keep him in a 20 gallon for about 4-6 months max. Trust me on this as I have plenty of personal experience to back my claims up. They also have to be fed frozen or live food everyday.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
10 inches in a 20 gallon? No try more like 6-8. If you get a Black Ghost Knife at 2-3" (typical size when sold) then you'll be able to keep him in a 20 gallon for about 4-6 months max. Trust me on this as I have plenty of personal experience to back my claims up. They also have to be fed frozen or live food everyday.
No. He will be in a 55 gallon. The new 20 gallon is gonna have 2 ram cichlids and some corys in it.

·
King of the Bettas
2,951 Posts
Corys will eat eggs. If you want the rams to spawn, don't have corys in with them.

·
Permanent Fishaholic
1,623 Posts
No. He will be in a 55 gallon. The new 20 gallon is gonna have 2 ram cichlids and some corys in it.
He'll be fine in a 55G for probably about 6-9 months.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
YOu said you wanted schooling fish? Danios and tetras are the best n my option, Zebra danios are my favorite. (danios)

·
Permanent Fishaholic
1,623 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts