Fish Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Bill, I'm from Union County in NJ. I joined this site for a purpose: to find a new, loving home for my fish. I have two 30 gallon tanks. The fish are: 3 fully grown Silver Dollars, 1 Pleco (1 1/2 ft in length I believe), 2 fancy goldfish (1 of which is sick). Although it will be sad to see them go, I take comfort in knowing they would be under better care with someone who has a passion and love for the caring of fish. I'm overwhelmed with my current schedule and cannot keep up with the top-notch care these animals deserve.
First and foremost I'd like to get the one goldfish (Akira) healthy. Has anyone ever seen or heard of these ailments? The fish is upside down at the bottom and has balloons growing from his slimy coating. Everyone is telling me it's a severe case of swim bladder disease. I'm treating him with frozen peas (not the skin, just the inside...should I give the whole pea with the skin?) and garlic pieces. I give him 2 Hikari pellets (which are marinated in crushed garlic) per day with the majority of his food being the frozen peas (2-4 peas, twice a day). If anyone has any pointers or knows that I am doing something wrong, please feel free to email me at [email protected] Thank You so much!

·
Freshwater Freak
369 Posts
If you post a photo that will help diagonose the problem with the goldfish.
I hate to say this but I don't think the goldfish will make it.
And I'm sure someone can help take the tanks off your hands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts