Fish Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've been keeping 3 jack dempsey cichlids for about 6-7 months now in a 35 gallon tank (eventually I will set up my 90 gallon for them). The tank has an under gravel filter with bubbles coming out of the powerhead. I keep the temperature at 75 degreees, and have 2" gravel with coral in it. There are large rocks and fake plants in the tank.

When I first got my fish they were 1'' and they are now 4-5" roughly. Two are electric blue, and the other is a platinum. As they have grown I've noticed differences in temperament and fin shapes. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if it is a difference in sex or just them being unique :)

I also have two plecos - 4" (but plan to transfer one to a new tank when it is set up) and 1 clown loach - 4". Thank you to any advice or suggestions!

Attachments

· Registered
3,905 Posts
Welcome to FF :)

It looks like you have at least one female (the lower electric blue looks like a female to me, but I may be wrong) and I believe 2 males, but it is hard to see the platinum's fins. There will likely be more aggression towards the female as they may pester her.

You need to get your 90 ga up and running as soon as possible as they have already outgrown your 35 gallon tank.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.