Fish Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
This is Anna, after years of gawking at the aquariums i finally decided to start now!
so I'm trying to start with a small 10-15 gallon tank,some gold fish babies , guppies, tetras and flowerhorn babies
i don't wanna adopt/buy it from the big corporation instead lookin here with fellow hobbyists.
any direction / guidance in this path would be highly appreciated .
thanks y'all!!
kind regards
Anna

·
Super Moderator
8,463 Posts
Hello Anna ; welcome to FF.. you will need a much bigger aquarium if you want to keep species such as goldfish or flowerhorns. goldfish grow fairly fast and can reach 12-16 inches.they are very dirty fish and will need extra filtration.but they don't need a heater. flowerhorns can also reach 12 inches depending on which crossbreed was used.neither the flowerhorns nor goldfish are compatible with guppies or tetras. I would suggest you do some research on each of the species you would like to keep.lots of great books out there to learn from along with a lot of members here that are well learned fishkeepers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would suggest a 75 gallon for all of that. I would also check and make sure those species are ALL compatible with each other. If you are just starting, I would recommend a more "basic" species such as a Beta which only require a fully filtering 5 gallon system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Anna, I am also new here, I was doing some basic research and I found that starting with a tank smaller than 20 gal for anything is usually a mistake because you will run out of proper space for your little ones really fast.
Depending on the amount of fish and species, you should go much bigger and also pay attention to which species are you putting together.

Here some small infographics that I find basic but useful :D (I go by images honestly, I am soo visual)

Organism Rectangle Font Parallel Art

Azure Fin Font Aqua Travel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts