Fish Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Albino Corydoras; I've had them for just over two years now and the female has laid eggs several times. When I first got them, they were the same size, and eventually the female got a little bigger, but otherwise looked identical to the male. But in the past couple of months, I've noticed that she's been growing a pretty huge belly. At first, I thought she was just about to have babies again, but she still hasn't had any. Other than having to navigate around her huge stomach, she's acting exactly the same. But today I saw some reddish discoloration around her abdomen.

Someone suggested the eggs might be stuck somehow, and now this sounds likely. Does this happen, and if not, what's going on with Terry the cory, and is there anything I can do to help her?

Thanks much!

·
Fish Watcher...
725 Posts
Sorry to hear that :( But yeah, her being eggbound was probably the cause of her death...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.