Fish Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Person with Camera
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Zoanthus frag today, and there were tons of mysis shrimps, Limpets, Tunicates, and THESE on it.

I have read about Ispods doing everything from eating algae to burrowing into the meat of a person's hand. I hope someone knows which of those activities this one prefers...

btw, it is more red than shows up in the photo.

·
Fish Guru
4,147 Posts
weird!!!!! Good luck... no clue what it eats...

·
Darth Ichthyos
9,154 Posts
Oh noes! The dreaded "redbug."
Or maybe not.
Pay very strict attention to where you see these little beasties hanging out in your tank. Redbugs are clam & coral munchers. This might be one, or might not. Good pics of the little nastsies are had to find.

·
Person with Camera
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, thought I would update. It's a harmless Sphaeromatid Isopod female in the photo. They are grazers. I did some tests on it for a few days and found that it preferred algae to living or dead feeder shrimps. I didn't want to take any chances with a live fish, but I doubt an Isopod that eats algae would be a fish predator. I got confirmation from two good friends who are mini-invert experts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.