Fish Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am, of course, new to this fun world of fish and aquariums. I have a 10 gallon that has finished cycling. It has no real plants, but definitely lots of hiding places.

I know that with a 10 gallon I can't get too many fish. Some skirt tetras at the local pet store have caught my eye. They're very colorful, almost neon. Would about 8 of these be reasonable for my tank? Do they need real plants? Is there a fish better suited to this setup that I should consider?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Any fairly small fish would probably do fine. Dont add them all at one time though start with one or two for a week or so. then slowly start adding one or two more every week.

·
Wew, it's good to be back
10 Posts
Tetras are active and nice to add in tanks because they form such tight night schools that attract the eye. They are generally hardy and light on waste, def' in comparison to goldfish. I think tetras is a great option for a 10gallon. You could try say 6-7 of them and say 2-3 khulis loaches or cories for bottom dwellers added over a period of time or some snails. Live plants aren't a must but some fish like to nibble at them. Not to mention live plants help add oxygen and remove impurities from the water.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the pet store is having problems with their water right now so they're not selling fish until it's fixed, so I've got a while to decide. Thanks for the input so far, guys. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts