som pics of my chichliden

5K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Cichlid Man 
#1 ·
I find this one of the most beautiful cichliden

greets Cichidioot

See less See more
#5 ·
What about the bright white spots?
I don't think a fish that spectacular could be found living in the wild, they must have been created through selective breeding and possibily cross breeding.(Even though it mostly resembles a synspilum).

#10 ·
By locale, Lisachromis means that specimens of Vieja synspilum collected from Chiapas, have a different coloration than fish from other collection points.  It's a regional variant.  Another very good example of this is with Aulonocara stuartgranti.  A hybrid is the offspring of two fish of different species (such as a "flowerhorn").  Hybrids are not assigned any binomial nomenclature.

#11 ·
Kewl fish!There is a Synsp variant(not hybrid)called shinespot(which these look like)being bred and distributed in Germany but be carefull b/c there are some Asian bred Vieja hybrids called shinespots as well.Go to AquaMojo and do a search for shinespot and you'll find a few threads there.Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.