Fish Forums banner

Whats your Favorite Fish

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55 gallon tall hexagon tank that i currently have goldfish in and I wanted to restock it after we move them out into the 175 pond. I wanted to know what you guys thought about my options and if you had any suggestions. Feel free to critique! BTW, Numbers next to options mean number of fish. Each dash is a different option for that level.
Top:
- Pearl Gourami (3-5)
- Honey Gourami (4-6)
- Flame Gourami (4-6)
Middle:
- Rummy Nosed Tetra
- Ember Tetra
- Endlers Live Bearers
Bottom:
- Cory Catfish
- Kuhli Loach
- Snails
- Shrimp
- Snails, Shrimp, Cory Catfish
- Snails, Shrimp, Kuhli Loach

·
Premium Member
12,533 Posts
pearls are too big imo. I had a couple in a 55 long and they got kind of crowded even with the larger surface area. I think shrimp and endlers are likely to be gourami food, so I vote for tetra and cories.

·
Registered
267 Posts
For a tall tank like that, I would likely put in Angels or Discus. Discus are probably my favorite fish, but I'll admit I know next to nothing about them except they're kind of like a tea saucer.

·
Premium Member
12,533 Posts
I would do veil tail angels and rams. But gourami's are a similar to angels in that they are flat and eat bugs that fall in the water. Pearls are lovely, but they would sit still all day, then suddenly race to the other side of the tank. That tank isn't big enough for more than one pair if they decide to breed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts