Fish Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have about a 30 gallon tank it has two filters both with the filter that has all the stuff you need... well i have one zebra danio (his other friend disappeared over xmas vacation (friend was feeding them)) two black skirt tetras and 10 gold fish of two different types. Last night i bought two albino corey cats and two sucker fish! I let them float for about two hours and released them.... went to bed about 3 am and got up and at 10 am they were dead...... I have no clue whats wrong... I had the water tested and they said its good..... i have 6 decorations all of the rock type..... i had an air thing that goes ont he bottom too.... I took it out to put in the other tank... Please Help I have no clue wahts wrong.... Maybe too many gold fish giving off too much ammonia???? Although i had the water tested and it was fine... IDK PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance! Mrs. Caldwell!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Your tank is overstocked and is incompatible with each other. The gold fish are cold water fish and the others are tropical. 10 goldfish in anything less than a 75-100 gallon tank is way too many. They get big and are very messy. 10 in a 30 is just way not okay in my opinion. That is my opinion so take it as such :) They get big and will be stunted and stunting is painful to them. Their insides keep growing while they stop growing on the outside. So that is the issue involved with that.

I do not know that this would kill 2 fish overnight unless there is something not right with the water. It is also possible that they came in sick. Sometimes fish are more sensitive to the acclimation process than others, so it could have been the acclimation. And lastly someone could have beat them up and stressed them out. This one is highly doubtful given current inhabitants.

Until you have things settled in the tank and have no losses for several weeks and have given thought to what type of tank you want (cold vs tropical) then you can consider adding other fish, But not until then :) So please do not replace anyone for quite a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.