Fish Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Platy is very pregnant (I just got her from a pet store a few days ago) and as of last night I can see the babies eyes in her tummy. She's been nipping at the other two platies today so I put her in a top fin breeder net that has fake plants in it that goes inside the main tank, and so far she seems to be doing fine. She still hasn't given birth though she looks very squared and is hiding in the plants in the net. Would she be ok in it overnight? Or will that stress her out too much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No fry yet..

I let her out because she still hasn't had the fry. I'm just going to go get some Java moss and put it in the main tank and just let her give birth there. What are some other good plants acceptable for platies that the fry can hide in? And what are some good floating plants? Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Keep the net- when she drops you can put the fry in there :) Often a turkey baster works well for this activity. You just go slow and gentle with it. It worked well for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.