Fish Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I currently have 3 tanks going: 55 gal w 3-4" Dempsey and salvini and 2 plecostamus; 65 gallon w one young geophagus balzani, and a 29 gallon w a 3" Severum and angel fish. The plan was originally to move the Severum and angel to the 65 (which had piranha I recently sold), and move my freshwater lobster to the 29. Unfortunately the lobster escaped and I haven't found him :(

So I plan to move the Severum and angel in with the much smaller geophagus balzani soon (angel first), and probably shut down the 29. Eventually, I would love to consolidate the 2 tanks into one big tank. Assuming the Severum angel and geophagus get along, do you think the three could get along with the Dempsey and the salvini? And how large of a tank minimum would I need?

The Severum used to live with the Dempsey, and the salvini, and an Oscar, when they were young. He did a lot of hiding at night, but had no problem hanging by any of the fish during the day and at feeding time. He is my favorite so I decided to play it extra safe and move him. I would've had to anyway because of space constraints as the fish matured.

Any advice? Thanks a lot for taking the time to help me out.

Henrybemis

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
In that situation, I would keep the angelfish separately. The severum might be okay with the rest, but the severum/Geophagus will want different water parameters than the jack/salvini. To keep them together, though, look for something in at least the 150 gallon range.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.