Fish Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past week or so, our tap water has tasted weird. I checked the ph and it is the same as the water currently in the tank, however I have no other types of tests. Will this be safe for my fish (they are pretty sturdy fish - been through a move, a cycle and my not-exactly-regular water changes...)? I mean I'm still drinking the water, I don't mind it that much, but I just worried that it might be bad for the fish. If so, what can I do about it - will bought water be ok for them if it is bad??
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i would say no, as tap water can carry alot of things in it harmful for fish, such as chlorine, many treatments and mineral, too many to list, i wouldnt use it, but if you were to use aquasafe along with it you may be fine

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Agreed. I would check with my water company and ask for an analysis of whats in your local water supply. The taste may be as simple as changing from chlorine to chloramine, or an increase in heavy metals. Either way its good to know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.