Fish Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, My tire track eel has recently been sticking his nose out of the water, and pushing his body a good 4 inches out of the water trying to get into my filter. right where the water comes out of the filter and into the tank, he's managed to push off my filter lid. I know any elongated fish is usually notorious for jumping. on my old lighting system i had a screen, cut from an old screen door, that was taped across the top to keep my AF. butterfly fish from jumping out, but for the eel, he is a lil more nifty and could easily find gap between the screen pieces and shove himself out. I was wondering if there was a way to cover the area without impeding filter flow. thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
try egg crate, you can find it in the lighting section at homedepot, you can cut it out and place in on your tank and maybe put a small weight or ziptie it to something to keep it down, they come in 2 x 4 sheets if i rembember right (its a light diffuser you usually find in offices or schools) salties use this for many things all the time, especially for keeping fish in their tank

·
Registered
49 Posts
im using some cardboard, thats what my lfs said to do.... mine jumped out first time this morning, kinda surprised me, but i kinda knew to expect it..... the lfs just said to keep it where he cant see light through an opening, and youll be fine (i.e. cardboard)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts