Fish Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there folks! I have great news to tell you all:

I have a volunteer job! I am helping individuals with disabilities 3 days a week at the ARC here in Bremerton, WA. This will help me with my career goal as I do need to practice patience with them. What I really want to do is help individuals with autism transition from high school to the world. Once they age out of high school, then they basically have nothing to help them with being in the world. There are so few resources out there for individuals with autism.

At the ARC, I will be helping with activities in December to start out with, then hopefully I will be able to help out with a lot more as I get more used to it.

I have helped individuals with disabilities before, I helped a special education teacher, who I have known since I was 7 years old, with her students in her class. I enjoyed it, really enjoyed it.

I cannot wait until December when I start, I am really, really, really excited about this volunteer job.

· Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you LizStreithorst.

· Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you big b. I am a bit nervous, but I think may be able to do it.

· Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you big b.

· Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you e048. I would love to volunteer at the zoo, but unfortunately the closest zoo is in Tacoma or Seattle, not sure where exactly the zoo is here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.