Fish Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Austin. I'm new to this forum, this is gong to be my first post, so if I did something wrong, my bad lol. Does anybody have a freshwater stingray, something under 12in disk spam for sale or trade? You can pm me back or send me a email at [email protected] :) (oh Any species, under 125$, please)

·
Super Moderator
8,448 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont like buying from that sight, the last two rays I've bought from the sight either had external or internal parasites, oh and where underfed. Oh and I bought from two different people each time. Do you know somebody else who is also selling rays? Thanks for the Repply though :)

·
King of the Bettas
2,951 Posts
that is an issue with the sellers, not the site. Check out a seller's reviews before you buy from them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, your probably right, I shude not blame a sight for a couple dumb dealers being irresponsible. I am trying to find someone who's selling there pet, so I know that the ray is healthy and eating though, not a huge company that imports them in and ships it out before they can see if it is eating properly.

·
Super Moderator
8,448 Posts
i find it really strange that i have been buying fish on aquabid for at least 8 years...i have very rarely ever encountered a problem with a seller...
and yet on FF i run into several people that have only had trouble...smells kind of fishy to me...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm new to this forum so I don't know the crowd. On most forums I've been a part of I have encountered nothing but kind people with great products, but i could just be lucky, lol. Was that last line intended to be a pun ? Lol

·
Super Moderator
8,448 Posts
yes it was....lol...
i try to help where i can in areas where i have some experience..i started on aquabid around 2000 or 2001...and here around 2004...
i think that the mistakes you may have made were you didn't closely check the sellers feedback and possibly the terms of the auctions...there are a lot of fantastic sellers on AB...screen them carefully and you shouldn't have any problems...if you want to check my feedback just do an advanced search for " lohachata "

despite the fact that i am really mean ; i am probably one of the nicest people you will ever know......
good luck with your quest for rays..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just bought one for 55$ from a company named the bestkamfa out of Brooklyn ny. Read good stuff about him, has anyone else done a transaction with him?

·
Super Moderator
8,448 Posts
this guy has no feedback as a seller.....only as a buyer...that feedback is 100% positive..
give him a shot...so far he looks pretty reasonable...

·
Registered
313 Posts
if you are really hot for rays i can import them from Peru for you

just let em know if you get that one and its a good specimen or not

It would be a month long process to get from import in to your hands to ensure that all parasites are cleared and that it is eating a simple to provide food like shrimp

A lot of sellers do not want to have a tank tied up for 4 weeks to clear 4-6 fish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts